Well, I did say a few weeks ago that I was thinking of making this blog a mainly challenge-free zone, but I’ve changed my mind. I am determined that next year I will reduce the number of my unread books by a significant amount.
So I will be taking part in those challenges that encourage me to concentrate on reading books I’ve owned before 1 January 2014 and one of them is Bev’s Color Coded Challenge 2014.
Here are the rules:
*Read nine books in the following categories (in some categories I have more than one book to choose from, but have just included one for the time being).
1. A book with “Blue” or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title – Blue Heaven by C J Box
2. A book with “Red” or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgundy, etc) in the title – The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo
3. A book with “Yellow” or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)in the title – The Yellow Admiral by Patrick O’Brian
4. A book with “Green” or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title – The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
5. A book with “Brown” or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title – Portrait in Sepia by Isabel Allende
6. A book with “Black” or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title – On the Black Hill by Bruce Chatwin
7. A book with “White” or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc)in the title – The White Queen by Philipa Gregory
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.) – Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.) – Dying in the Wool by Frances Brody
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2014 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.