These are the books I finished reading in November (linked to my posts on the books):
- Saints of the Shadow Bible by Ian Rankin
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and also this post
- Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O’Farrell
- Julius by Daphne Du Maurier (from my To-Be-Read books)
- The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham (Kindle)
- N or M? by Agatha Christie (from my To-Be-Read books)
- St Mawr by D H Lawrence (from my To-Be-Read books)
The books without posts are:
Instructions for a Heatwave is a book I bought this year; it’s shortlisted for the 2013 Costa Novel Award. The Midwich Cuckoos is an e-book I borrowed from the Kindle Users Lending Library. Three of the books are books I’ve owned for several years (the To-Be-Read books).
It was a good month for reading. Just two of the books are crime fiction – Saints of the Shadow Bible and N or M? Both books are by writers at the top of their form, but Ian Rankin’s Saints of the Shadow Bible is my Crime Fiction Pick of the Month.
See Kerrie’s blog for more Crime Fiction Picks of the Month.