Here’s another challenge I can’t ignore! It’s hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. It involves reading a book predominantly set in each of the twelve time periods.
I read a lot of historical fiction so I’m hoping I’ll find a book for each of these periods. And it includes non-fiction as well!
- 1500-1699: 1536-7 The Man on a Donkey by H F M Prescott
- 1500-1699: 1655: Destroying Angel by S G MacLean,
- 1500-1699: 1686: The Glass Woman by Caroline Lea
- 1900-1919: 1916: Greenmantle by John Buchan
- 1920-1939: 1923 -34 The Tea Planter’s Wife by Dinah Jefferies
- 1940-1959: 1941: Dear Mrs Bird by A J Pearce
- The Future:
Determination of what year a book belongs in is the decision of the participant. On the whole, choose a year where the largest part of the action occurs or the most important event.