This year (the 10th anniversary) the annual R.I.P event was hosted by Andi and Heather of The Estella Society. It ran from September 1st to October 31st.
It involved reading books that fitted into one or more of the following categories:
There are several levels, depending on how many books you read. I initially thought I’d aim low with just one book. But I actually read eight, more than enough for –
Peril the First – to read four books.
This is what I read:
- Dead Scared by Sharon Bolton
- Like This, For Ever by Sharon Bolton
- The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Ghosts of Altona by Craig Russell
- The Moth Catcher by Ann Cleeves
- A Dark and Twisted Tide by Sharon Bolton
- The Devil’s Promise by David Stuart Davies
- Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton
Just two were from my initial list and the others just turned up, as it were! I still have these books I want to read/reread:
- The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
- A Song of Stone by Iain Banks
- Poirot Investigates by Agatha Christie
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen ‘“ I read this so many years ago that it will be like reading it for the first time. It was one of the set books at school and I don’t think I appreciated it then.
- Talking to the Dead by Harry Bingham
- The Rottweiler by Ruth Rendell