I know I said I was only going to do a few challenges this year but I can’t resist at least thinking about doing the Chunkster Challenge and I do like the button. I did this challenge last year and it encouraged me to read some really long books that had been languishing on my bookshelves. This year I’m attempting the Too Big To Ignore Anymore option for these chunksters on my TBR list:
- Exit Music by Ian Rankin (496 pages)
- Helen of Troy by Margaret George (540 pages)
- Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco (508 pages)
- Of Human Bondage by W Somerset Maugham (700 pages)
- Remember Me… by Melvyn Bragg (560 pages)
- The Mitfords: Letters Between Six Sisters by Charlotte Mosley (830 pages)
I’ll be really pleased if I read 2 or more of these by the end of the Challenge period on 15 November.