I’m pleased to see that Jo at The Book Jotter is running this meme again this year to summarise six months of reading, sorting the books into six categories – you can choose from the ones Jo suggests or come up with your own. I think it’s a good way at looking back over the last six months’ reading.
This year I haven’t been reading as much as in previous years and up to the end of June the total was standing at 36 books. Several books could fit into the same categories, so to avoid duplication, for my last category I’ve chosen Jo’s category of ‘Six authors I read last year – but not so far this year‘ and added the books by those authors that I want to read.
Here are my six categories (with links to my reviews, except for the category of Six Authors I Read Last Year, which I’ve linked to Amazon UK):
Six Crime Fiction
- Death Has Deep Roots by Michael Gilbert
- Remain Silent by Susie Steiner
- The Sleepwalker by Joseph Knox
- Sweet Little Lies by Caz Frear
- An Air That Kills by Andrew Taylor
- The Guardians by John Grisham
Six Authors New to me
- Sword by Bogdan Teodorescu
- The Lost Lights of St Kilda by Elisabeth Gifford
- Queen Lucia by E F Benson
- Fresh Water for Flowers by Valérie Perrin
- Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
- Saving Missy by Beth Morrey
Six books from the past that drew me back there
- The Lady of the Ravens by Joan Hickson
- Hitler’s Secret by Rory Clements
- The Animals at Lockwood Manor by Jane Healey
- The Deep by Alma Katsu
- Becoming Mrs Lewis by Patti Callahan
- The Year Without Summer by Guinevere Glasfurd
Six Books I Read on Kindle
- The Last Day by Andrew Hunter Murray
- Writing Wild by Kathryn Aalto
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- Looking Good Dead by Peter James
- The Mist by Ragnar Jonasson
- The Last Protector by Andrew Taylor
Six Physical Books I Read
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Happy Old Me by Hunter Davies
- A Killing Kindness by Reginald Hill
- The Mystery of Princess Louise by Lucinda Hawksley
- Yesterday’s Papers by Martin Edwards
- Deadheads by Reginald Hill
Six authors I read last year – but not so far this year and their books I want to read
- Jo Spain – With Our Blessing – the 1st Inspector Tom Reynolds mystery, because I’ve read the 4th book, but not the first three.
- Jane Harper – The Dry – the 1st Aaron Falk novel. I’ve already read the 2nd, Force of Nature.
- Lisa Jewell – Invisible Girl – her new novel to be published 6 August.
- S G Maclean – The House of Lamentations – the final Damian Seeker novel – I’ve read the first four.
- Lucinda Riley – The Storm Sister – The Seven Sisters Book 2. I’ve read the first one.
- Claire Douglas – Just Like the Other Girls – her new thriller to be published 6 August.
How is your reading going this year? Do let me know if you take part in Six in Six too.