It’s time for another Classics Club Spin.
The Spin rules:
- List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Number them from 1 to 20.
- On Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
- This is the book to read by 2nd May 2016.
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Romola by George Eliot
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- The Forsyte Saga (1) by John Galsworthy
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope
- The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf
I’d like no.19 to come out as the spin number, as I’ve recently finished reading Anthony Trollope’s Doctor Thorne, or no. 20 as that would fit in with Heavenali’s Virginia Woolf read-along, or maybe no. 15 as it’s been ages since I read anything by Thomas Hardy. But actually I’m happy to read any of these books.