It’s time for another Classics Spin. To take part in the Spin you:
- List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Number them from 1 to 20.
- Next Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
- This is the book you need to read during February and March!
Here’s my list chosen by using a random number generator:
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- The Old Wives Tale by Arnold Bennett
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- Notre-Dame of Paris by Victor Hugo
- No Name by Wilkie Collins
- The Making of a Marchioness by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Where Angels Fear to Tread by E M Forster
- Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
- Walden by Henry James Thoreau
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
I don’t really mind which one comes up in this Spin, although there are some I’d prefer over others. What would you chose off this list?