I’ve finished the What’s In a Name Challenge, hosted by Beth Fish Reads, reading a book from each of the set categories. Apart from Evil Under the Sun, which was a new purchase the books were all from my To-Be-Read books. They are listed below with links to my posts on them:
1. A book with a number in the title ‘“ One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson
2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title ‘“ The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
3. A book with a size in the title ‘“ Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
4. A book with travel or movement in the title ‘“ Exit Lines by Reginald Hill
5. A book with evil in the title – Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie
6. A book with a life stage in the title ‘“ Molly Fox’s Birthday by Deirdre Madden
I had read Little Women several times before, many years ago and I read it this time prior to reading a biography of Louisa May Alcott and her father – Eden’s Outcasts by John Matteson. I think re-reading Little Women has taught me to leave well-loved books in my memory. Although some of the magic was still there I thought it was a dated, sentimental tale.
Four of the books are crime fiction, which seems to be my preferred genre this year. The book I enjoyed the most was Reginald Hill’s Exit Lines, which is an excellent crime fiction novel which kept me guessing until the end.