The goal is to get a Bingo (horizontal, vertical, diagonal, four corners and centre square). This will require a minimum of five books.
One book per square. For example: Oliver Twist can count for €œBook with a name as the title€ or €œCharles Dickens€ or €œBook published 1837-1940€³ or €œBook published in serial format€ or €œBook over 400 pages€ or €œBook that has been adapted into a movie€ or €œBook set in England.€ But obviously, it can only count once.
This is the bingo card:
Completed, by reading five books in the following categories:
- Book published in the 1840s, €“ The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
- Male author – Anthony Trollope: An Autobiography
- Female author €“ Adam Bede by George Eliot
- Book with a name as the title – Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope
- Book published in serial (monthly) format – The Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins