Adam from Roof Beam Reader is running his TBR Pile Challenge for the SIXTH YEAR!
The books you read must have been on your bookshelf or €œTo Be Read€ list for AT LEAST one full year and you have to list them in advance. This means the books cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2014 or later (ie any book published in the year 2013 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile €“ Adam will be checking publication dates!)
The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your €œto be read€ pile (within 12 months). Books have to be listed and reviewed so that you can link back to Adam€™s challenge. You are allowed two alternates just in case you just can€™t finish a book for whatever reason.
For the full run-down of challenge details, see Adam€™s blog (click on link above).
I€™m a bit doubtful that I€™ll complete this challenge because I often find that planning in advance what I€™m going to read doesn€™t work for me €“ I seem to find reasons for reading other books instead of the ones on my list! But I€™m going to give it a go anyway €“ here€™s my list (with links to my review posts):
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende (pub 1994 €“ on my TBR since 2008)
- The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood (pub 1994 €“ on my TBR since 2009) Finished 2 September 2015
- The Needle in the Blood by Sarah Bower (pub 2007 €“ on my TBR since 2007)
- The Burning by Jane Casey (pub 2010 €“ on my TBR since 2013) Finished 9 February 2015
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens (pub 1844 €“ on my TBR since 2007)
- Zen there was Murder by H R F Keating (pub 1960 €“ on my TBR since 2012) Finished 22 July 2015
- Mrs Jordan€™s Profession by Claire Tomalin (pub 1995 €“ on my TBR since 2011) Finished 12 November 2015
- Fresh from the Country by Miss Read (pub 1960 €“ on my TBR since 2012) Finished 21 August 2015
- The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld (pub 2006 €“ on my TBR since 2007) Finished 9 April 2015
- Bad Land by Jonathan Raban (pub 1985 €“ on my TBR since 2011)
- We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates (pub 1997 €“ on my TBR since 2011)
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton (pub 2010 €“ on my TBR since 2013) Finished 21 June 2015
- Diamonds are Forever by Ian Fleming (pub 1956 €“ on my TBR since 2011)
- Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell (pub 1949 €“ on my TBR since 2011)
And here are the books: