It’s time for another Classics Club Spin.
Before next Sunday, 12 June, create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list. On that day the Classics Club will post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by 7 August, 2022.
Here’s my list:
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Another Part of the Wood by Beryl Bainbridge
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- The Mousetrap and Selected Plays by Agatha Christie
- The Case of the Gilded Fly by Edmund Crispin
- The Stars Look Down by A J Cronin
- Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas
- The Birds and other short stories by Daphne du Maurier
- Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- How Green was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
- A Town Like Alice by Neville Shute
- On the Beach by Nevil Shute
- Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck
- The Invisible Man by H G Wells
- Between the Acts by Virginia Woolf
I don’t mind which one is picked as I’m aiming to read all of them in due course! But which one/s would you recommend?
Edited on June 9, because I’ve just realised I’ve included A Room with a View which I’ve read – it was my Classics Club Spin book from the last Spin! I just copied the previous list (with a few alterations) and didn’t realise it was still on the list. I’ve now removed it and added The Awakening by Kate Chopin instead.