For the past few years I’ve taken part in 20 Books of Summer, hosted by Cathy at 746 Books. You simply list twenty books (there are also ten and fifteen book options) and read them during the summer months. It’s not so simple for me though as I’ve never managed to read all the books I list, often changing my mind when it comes to choosing which book to read next. But I’ve decided to have a go again this year.
This event starts today and finishes on 1 September. Here’s my list:
- The Deep by Alma Katsu
- The Paris Library by Janet Skeslian Charles
- The Search Party by Simon Lelic
- A Thousand Moons by Sebastian Barry
- How to Disappear by Gillian McAllister
- Moonflower Murders by Anthony Horowitz
- Mortmain Hall by Martin Edwards
- How to Save a Life by S D Robertson
- The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter
- The Mist by Ragnar Jonasson
- The Butcher’s Hook by Janet Ellis
- Deadman’s Footsteps by Peter James
- Sleeping Beauties by Jo Spain
- The Silence Between Breaths by Cath Staincliffe
- The Case of the Gilded Fly by Edmund Crispin
- Giant’s Bread by Agatha Christie
- Maigret’s Holiday by Georges Simenon
- The Ghost of the Mary Celeste by Valerie Martin
- The Cornish Guest House by Emma Burstall
- Dead Heads by Reginald Hill
This list is made up of NetGalley books, some of which I should have read well before now and of books from my TBR list – also ones I’ve been meaning to read for ages. There’s a lot of crime fiction!
Some are Kindle books and some – shown in the photo below are physical books:
Fortunately Cathy is is willing to bend the rules so that you can change the list if you want to or simply swap books if you don’t fancy reading the books you’ve listed. And you can drop your goal to either the 15 or 10 book options if you like! I think I’ll be doing one of these options!
Which book would you read first? And are you taking part too?