I saw this on Reading, Writing, Working, Playing‘s blog and thought I’d do my own version, based on books I’ve read in 2017. It’s another way at looking back at the books.
- In high school I was: The One That Got Away (Annabel Kantaria)
- People might be surprised Sometimes I Lie (Alice Feeney)
- I will never be: An Artist of the Floating World (Kazuo Ishiguro)
- My fantasy job is: (at) The Ministry of Utmost Happiness (Arundhati Roy)
- At the end of a long day I need: Fingers in the Sparkle Jar (Chris Packham)
- I hate it when: The Devil Rides Out (Dennis Wheatley)
- Wish I had: (the) Missing Pieces (Heather Gudenkauf)
- My family reunions are: Extraordinary People (Peter May)
- At a party you’d find me with: The Man Who Climbs Trees (James Aldred)
- I’ve never been to: Birdcage Walk (Helen Dunmore)
- A happy day includes: A Dedicated Man (Peter Robinson)
- Motto I live by: Don’t Let Go (Harlan Coben)
- On my bucket list is: How to Stop Time (Matt Haig)
- In my next life, I want to have: The Waters of Eternal Youth ( Donna Leon)
What’s your Year in Books been like? Do let me know.