It’s time for another Classics Club Spin. I’ve been hoping we’d get another Spin in before the end of the year and here it is.
The Spin rules:
- List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Number them from 1 to 20.
- On Friday 17th November the Classics Club will announce a number.
- This is the book to read by 31 December 2017.
This is my list:
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
- Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Framley Parsonage (Barsetshire Chronicles, #4) by Anthony Trollope
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
It shouldn’t matter which one comes up as I do want to read these books – but ideally at this time of year I’d like it to be one of the shorter books on this list.