Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves. This means you can include ‘˜real’ and ‘˜virtual’ books (ie physical and ebooks) you’ve bought, books you’ve borrowed from friends or the library, review books, and gifts.
Here are my recent additions to my bookshelves. First crime fiction:
- Murder in the Afternoon by Frances Brody – the 3rd Kate Shackleton Mystery. I’ve read the first two. Crime fiction set in the 1920s.
- Blood Atonement by Dan Waddell – the 2nd Nigel Barnes novel. I’ve read the first one, Blood Detective. Barnes is a genealogist helping DCI Grant Foster to solve modern day crimes.
- The Tree of Hands by Ruth Rendell – a psychological thriller. The death of a child sets in motion a chain of deception, kidnap and murder.
And also these:
- The Gate of Angels by Penelope Fitzgerald – described on the back cover as a metaphysical novel and a love story, amusing, disturbing and provoking reflection. Shortlisted for the Booker Prize in 1990.
- Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively – 1987 Booker Prize winner – a novel about a historian in her seventies looking back over her life.
What books have you added to your shelves this week?
6 thoughts on “Stacking the Shelves: 26 September”
I loved Dan Waddell’s books and was disappointed he didn’t write more in this series and I’m a big Ruth Rendell fan so thoroughly approve of that choice too 🙂 You can see my choices for this week here https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/09/26/stacking-the-shelves-september-26/
The Frances Brody appeals most to me, I think – must try that series sometime… 🙂
I’m a crime fiction fan, so love the look of your new arrivals!
Nice haul. What is it about new books that makes me want to pick them up and hug them to me? I’m very strange. LOL
Those are all fine additions, Margaret! I’m especially noticing the Rendell, and hoping you’ll like it.
I have added a few galleys and review copies to my to-be-read recently, but no physical books. I am particularly excited about a Peter Pan retelling. I hope you enjoy your new books 🙂
Comments are closed.