The Classics Club has been so quiet for a while now that I was beginning to think it had folded – but no!
It’s time for another Classics Spin for any who are interested. By next Monday, August 24, list your choice of any twenty books you’ve left to read from your Classics Club list ‘” in a separate post. Next Monday morning, The Classics Club will announce a number and that is the book for you to read by October 23.
This is my list:
- Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Romola by George Eliot
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Doctor Thorne (Barsetshire Chronicles, #3) by Anthony Trollope
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf
I don’t mind which one of these comes up in the Spin, but I’m half hoping it will be one of the Hardy books and I’m not sure about reading The Voyage Out as I’ve started this in the past and put it back on the shelf unfinished.