I shan’t finish any of the three books I’m currently today, so my total for June is 6 books – not quite as many as other months this year. But it’s summer and I’ve been busy with family things too. Two of my current books are non-fiction, which slows my rate of reading down considerably and I hope to finish both of them in July.
Here’s the list of the books I’ve finished, in the order I read them and with links to my posts on them:
- The Stranger You Know (Maeve Kerrigan 4) by Jane Casey (LB)
- Sad Cypress by Agatha Christie
- The Kill (Maeve Kerrigan 5) by Jane Casey (LB)
- A Game For All the Family by Sophie Hannah (RB)
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton (TBR)
- After the Fire (Maeve Kerrigan 6) by Jane Casey (post to follow)
I’ve had a bit of a binge-read of Jane Casey’s Maeve Kerrigan books this month, reading three, all of them really good books, but it was the fourth in the series that really caught my imagination, The Stranger You Know.
My book of the month for June is the one that I loved from beginning to end – it’s The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton. Even though I wanted it to last forever, by the end I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. It’s one of the best books of the year so far.