It’s time for another Classics Spin.
- List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Number them from 1 to 20.
- Next Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
- This is the book you need to read by 15th May.
I decided to list all the books by Charles Dickens, George Eliot, Elizabeth Gaskell and Gabriel Garcia Marquez that are on my list and then added Moby Dick because it will fit in well with a book I’m planning to read soon, In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick, which was inspired by Moby Dick. I added the other books randomly.
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
- No Name by Wilkie Collins
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Adam Bede by George Eliot
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Romola by George Eliot
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
I quite fancy reading Dickens soon, so hope one of his is the spin book.