I’ve enjoyed this year of blogging and reading ‘“ some excellent books were read. Most of my reading was fiction with just 12 non-fiction books. And of the fiction nearly half was crime fiction. The full list of the books I read is on this page. There were just a handful of books that turned out to be disappointing, but the rest were all enjoyable.
These are some of my Favourite Books of 2014 (in the order I read them – links go to my posts):
- Shakespeare’s Restless World by Neil MacGregor (non-fiction)
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- Crucible by S G MacLean
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Office of the Dead by Andrew Taylor
- The Potter’s Hand by A N Wilson
- Tantalus by Jane Jazz
- The Dance of Love by Angela Young
- A Whispered Name by William Brodrick
- Sisters of Sinai by Janet Soskice (non-fiction)
- In Our Time by Melvyn Bragg (non-fiction)
- Blue Heaven by C J Box
These are just the tip of the iceberg, because so many of the books I read were really good (I rated lots between 4 and 5 stars on Goodreads).
My main aim for 2015 is to feel relaxed about reading, reading what I want when I want, so this year I’m not setting any target on Goodreads for the number of books I’ll read – it’s the reading that matters not how many books I’ll read!