Can you believe it? September 1st is right around the corner. And it is time to begin the 9th R.I. P. challenge hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings. It runs from 1 September right through to 31 October and involves reading from the following categories:
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.
And you can start today!!!
I’m going to participate in just one:
Peril the First:
Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (the very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be King or Conan Doyle, Penny or Poe, Chandler or Collins, Lovecraft or Leroux€¦or anyone in between.
Here are some of the books I’m thinking of reading. I’m sure I have more that fit into the categories, both on the bookshelves and on my Kindle, but these came to mind first:
- The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
- A Song of Stone by Iain Banks
- The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins
- Cauldstane by Linda Gillard
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- The Brimstone Wedding by Barbara Vine
- Testament of a Witch by Douglas Watt
Thank you so much to Carl for doing this, once more. I won’t be starting today as I’m still reading a few books and one in particular – The Goldfinch – is too long!!! But I’ll get going very soon.