The Classics Club Spin, that is. I don’t mind which book comes up in the Spin as they are all books I’d like to read. I quite fancy reading one of Dickens’ books this summer and can’t decide which one! And that is why I’ve included five of his books in the list.
Here are the rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* Next Monday (August 11th) the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by October 6th.
Here’s my list:
- Lady Susan/The Watsons/Sanditon by Jane Austen – her first full-length novel
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- Out of Africa by Karen Blixen – I’ve been meaning to read this ever since I saw the film, which is only loosely based on the book.
- No Name by Wilkie Collins – because I liked The Moonstone and The Woman in White
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford – I liked the TV series with Benedict Cumberbatch so much, I hope I like the book!
- Where Angels Fear to Tread by E M Forster
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
- Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Barchester Towers (Barsetshire Chronicles, #2) by Anthony Trollope
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf – her first novel