Kerrie is asking for people’s top ten crime fiction reads of this year from which she will collate the books and come up with the best crime fiction reads of 2009.
The rules are
- it is about crime fiction you’ve read in 2009. Year of publication doesn’t matter.
- about 10 titles in the format of title, author (no need for description etc).
- any order will do. If you think one was so much better than the others, you might like to put it in your list twice.
- You have until Jan 7 to do it.
I’ve read a lot more crime fiction this year than in previous years (for example I read 16 in 2008 compared to 47 this year) so it’s really difficult to decide which to list as my top ten. Here they are in alphabetical order of title (tomorrow I could just as easily come up with another ten titles).
- Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear
- The Black Book by Ian Rankin
- The Brading Collection by Patricia Wentworth
- The Cipher Garden by Martin Edwards
- Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell
- The Falls by Ian Rankin
- Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by Agatha Christie
- A Judgement in Stone by Ruth Rendell
- The Riddle of the River by Catherine Shaw
- Strange Affair by Peter Robinson
If you want to contribute your own list pop over to Kerrie’s blog.