Today’s question: Work multiples. Do you own multiple copies of any books? Which ones? Why? Can you share your list?
You can find the link under Statistics on LibraryThing, from either your home page or profile.
I have a few, mainly because I have old copies of these books (belonging to either my parents or D’s parents) and have bought newer editions or paperbacks. My favourite “multiple” is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. My copies are both hard backs.
This is one I bought in a box set, along with Emma and Sense and Sensibility.
The others are:
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte – I bought the paperback after the TV series was broadcast and not read either copy yet.
- Tom Jones– Henry Fielding
- The Pilgrim’s Progress -John Bunyan
- Notre-Dame de Paris – Victor Hugo (paperback version) called The Hunchback of Notre Dame in my hardback copy – I’ve not read either book yet.
- Vanity Fair – William Makepeace Thackeray
- Hans Andersen’s Fairy Tales by Hans Andersen – another old favourite
- The Count of Monte Cristo – Alexandre Dumas – both copies unread.