Hosted by Charlie at The Worm Hole.
The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (Charlie has included examples of books you could choose in brackets):
- A word including €˜ing€™ in the title (The Time Of Singing, Dancing To The Flute, Lex Trent Fighting With Fire) These examples are verbs but you can of course use other words.
- A colour (The Red Queen, White Truffles In Winter, On Gold Mountain)
- A familial relation (Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, Dombey And Son, My Cousin Rachel) By all means include in-laws, step, and halves.
- A body of water (The River Of No Return, Black Lake, Beside The Sea)
- A city (Barcelona Shadows, Shanghai Girls, Under The Tripoli Sky)
- An animal (Black Swan Rising, The Leopard Unleashed, The Horse And His Boy)
My Progress with links to my posts:
- A word including €˜ing€™ in the title – The Burning by Jane Casey
- A colour – Green Darkness by Anya Seton
- A familial relation – One Life: My Mother’s Story by Kate Grenville
- A body of water – Turn of the Tide by Margaret Skea
- A city – Last Seen in Massilia (Marseilles) by Steven Saylor
- An animal – Catching the Eagle by Karen Charlton