It’s time for another Classics Club Spin. I probably shouldn’t be doing this as I’ve plenty to read for the 20 Books of Summer Challenge without adding another book and most of the books on the following list are quite long.
The Spin rules:
- List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Number them from 1 to 20.
- On Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
- This is the book to read by 1 August 2016.
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- The Black Robe by Wilkie Collins
- Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- The Forsyte Saga (1) by John Galsworthy
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
If it’s Orlando, that will be just fine – it’s also on my 20 Books of Summer list!