For the last 10 years R.eaders I.mbibing in P.eril has been hosted by Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings but this year (the 10th anniversary) it is being hosted by Andi and Heather of The Estella Society. It runs from September 1st to October 31st.
Banner by Abigail Larson
The idea is that you read books that fit into one or more of the following categories:
There are different levels of participation to choose from, but I am signing up for this one:
Peril the Third: Read just one book, that you feel fit s(the very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be King or Conan Doyle, Penny or Poe, Chandler or Collins, Lovecraft or Leroux’¦or anyone in between.
Peril the Third:
I have several chunkster books in my waiting to-be-read pile for September and October so for the time being I’m just aiming to read one book! Here are some of the books I have to choose from:
- The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
- A Song of Stone by Iain Banks
- Poirot Investigates by Agatha Christie
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen ‘“ I read this so many years ago that it will be like reading it for the first time. It was one of the set books at school and I don’t think I appreciated it then.
- Dead Scared by Sharon Bolton
- Like This, For Ever by Sharon Bolton
- Talking to the Dead by Harry Bingham
- The Rottweiler by Ruth Rendell
But now I’ve made this list I think maybe I should be aiming at Peril the First, which is to read four books!