It’s the last day of the year, and you know what that means €¦ nostalgia and looking back.
What were your favorite books of the year? (Books that were new to you in 2009, if not necessarily published this year.)
This year I’ve read more crime fiction than ever before in one year and I’ll be writing a post on “My Top Ten Crime Fiction Reads 2009” very soon. As usual it’s hard deciding which are my favourite books and I could easily list more than ten. These are what I have settled on – not in any order of preference.
- Fire in the Blood by Irene Nemirovsky
- The Falls by Ian Rankin
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- The Rebecca Notebook and other stories by Daphne Du Maurier
- Somewhere Towards the End by Diana Athill
- The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munro
- Star Gazing by Linda Gillard
- A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
- Company of Liars by Karen Maitland
- Good Evening Mrs Craven by Molly Panter-Downs