Bev€™s Vintage Mystery Cover Scavenger Hunt – I’m taking part in both the Golden and the Silver Age Vintage Mystery Scavenger Hunts.
The aim: to find as many objects on the Scavenger Hunt list as possible on the covers of the mystery books you read. The minimum number of items to complete the challenge is six items from the covers of books read from a single Vintage Mystery Era.
The Golden Age Vintage Mysteries must have been first published before 1960.
Books Read/Golden Age Category:
- Destination Unknown by Agatha Christie: Cigarette/Pipe
- Death Comes as the End by Agatha Christie: a Green Object
- Sparkling Cyanide by Agatha Christie: a Bottle for Drinking
- The Secret of Chimneys by Agatha Christie: Bloodstains
- Miss Pym Disposes by Josephine Tey: More Than Two People
- Before the Fact by Francis Iles: Two People
- A Shilling for Candles by Josephine Tey: a Body of Water
- The Mysterious Mr Quin by Agatha Christie: A Performer
- Partners in Crime by Agatha Christie: Shadowy Person
- Mystery in the Channel by Freeman Wills Croft: Boat
Silver Age Vintage Mysteries may be first published any time from 1960 to 1989 (inclusive).
Books Read/Silver Age Category:
- Wycliffe and the Tangled Web by W J Burley: Body of Water
- Wycliffe and the Quiet Virgin by W J Burley: Spooky House/Mansion
- The Girl in the Cellar by Patricia Wentworth: ‘Damsel in Distress’
- The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le CarrÃ©: Broken Object
- The Wench is Dead by Colin Dexter: a Building (other than house)
- Frost at Christmas by R D Wingfield: Photograph