I was just thinking another Classics Club Spin would be nice and it appeared!
The Spin rules:
- List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Number them from 1 to 20.
- On Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
- This is the book to read by 1 December 2016.
I decided to organise my list in page number order from short to enormous. I want to read all of them at some time but right now as I have a backlog of other books that I want to read before December, I hope that one of the shorter books (that is numbers 1 – 4) is chosen!
- Silas Marner by George Eliot – 176 pages
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
- Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Black Robe by Wilkie Collins
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Forsyte Saga (The Man of Property) by John Galsworthy
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Framley Parsonage (Barsetshire Chronicles, #4) by Anthony Trollope
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R D Blackmore
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford – 914 pages