Emily€™s TBR challenge is to read 20 books from your TBR list between December 1st, 2009 and December 31st, 2010. You€™re supposed to refrain from buying books until you have read or attempted to read all 20 of your chosen books, unless you need to buy a book for a book group.You also have to write a blog post about each book as you finish (or decide you can€™t finish) it.
I€™ll try not to buy any more books (I€™m always trying not to buy books!) but I can€™t see myself sticking to that for very long.
Emily€™s challenge is to specify the books you€™re going to read and not substitute them, but I think I€™d better give myself some leeway and if I want to read a book I haven€™t listed I will.
These are the books I’ve initially specified:
- The Day Gone By, by Richard Adams (autobiography)
- One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson
- The Children€™s Book by A S Byatt
- The Country Life by Rachel Cusk
- Helen of Troy: a novel by Margaret George
- The Rose Labyrinth by Titania Hardie
- Ghost by Robert Harris
- Slipstream: a memoir by Elizabeth Jane Howard
- Rivers by Griff Rhys Jones
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- Mollie Fox€™s Birthday by Deirdrie Madden
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Eden€™s Outcasts: the story of Louisa May Alcott and Her Father by J Matteson
- Be Near Me by Andrew O€™Hagan
- Map Addict by Mike Parker
- Resistance by Owens Sheers
- Corvus: a Life with Birds by Esther Woolfson
- Being Shelley: The Poet€™s Search for Himself by Anne Wroe