Bev’s Mount TBR Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2020.
Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2020. No library books. Any reread may count, regardless of how long you’ve owned it prior to 2020, provided you have not counted it for a previous Mount TBR Challenge. Audiobooks and E-books may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books. You may count “Did Not Finish” books provided they meet your own standard for such things, you do not plan to ever finish it, and you move it off your mountain [give it away, sell it, etc. OR remove it from your e-resources]
For the full rules please visit Bev’s sign-up post here.
There are a number of different levels to choose from:
Pike’s Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro*: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s (*aka Cerro El Toro in South America)
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s
and for now I’m going for Mt Vancouver, which is to read 36 books and hope to move up to the higher levels if I can.
It’s always easier at the start of the year as all the books I own will qualify for the challenge. It’s later on as I acquire more books that I will start to want to read new/new-to-me/library books.
- Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
- The Lady of the Ravens by Joan Hickson
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Hitler’s Secret by Rory Clements
- Death Has Deep Roots by Michael Gilbert
- The Last Day by Andrew Hunter Murray
- The Winker by Andrew Martin
- A Killing Kindness by Reginald Hill
- Saving Missy by Beth Morrey
- The Year Without Summer by Guinevere Glasfurd
- Sweet Little Lies by Caz Frear
- Stone Cold Heart by Caz Frear – reached Pike’s Peak
- The Animals at Lockwood Manor by Jane Healey