I’m taking part in 20 Books of Summer, hosted by Cathy at 746 Books. You simply list twenty books (there are also ten and fifteen book options) and read them during the summer months, ending on 1 September.
So far I have read 6 of the books I originally listed. After I began reading The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton, which was not on my original list, I realised that as it has 853 pages there was no way I could read the rest of the books on my list before 1 September. So, I have revised my list – and I make no apologies for the fact that I have chosen books that are short rather than long. Well, The Luminaries is nearly as long as three 300 page length books!
- The Deep by Alma Katsu
- How to Disappear by Gillian McAllister
- The Mist by Ragnar Jonasson
- Maigret’s Holiday by Georges Simenon
- Deadheads by Reginald Hill
- Moonflower Murders by Anthony Horowitz – finished – review to follow
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
- The Power House by John Buchan
- The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott
- Bilgewater by Jane Gardam
- How to Kill a Cat by W J Burley
- Thin Air by Michelle Paver
- The Case of the Gilded Fly by Edmund Crispin
- Smallbone Deceased by Michael Gilbert
- The Silence Between Breaths by Cath Staincliffe
- A Thousand Moons by Sebastian Barry
- Giant’s Breath by Mary Westmacott (Agatha Christie)
- A Moment of Silence by Anna Dean
- Mortmain Hall by Martin Edwards
- The Dry by Jane Harper
There is always the possibility that I’ll swap some books later on … I am constantly bombarded by books yelling at me to read them.