In September 2008 Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise launched the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge to read her way through Agatha Christie’s novels, in the order in which they were written. I joined in but decided to read the books as I come across them rather than in order of publication. There are 66 mystery and detective novels and numerous collections of short stories.
Up to now I’ve read 54 books and 4 short story collections. The list of the books I’ve read is on my Agatha Christie Reading Challenge page. Just 11 or 12 books left for me to read (plus the short stories!):
- 1925 – The Secret of Chimneys – I think I’ve read this one! But I can’t find a record of it or the book, so maybe I haven’t!
- 1930 – The Murder at the Vicarage
- 1931 – The Sittaford Mystery
- 1935 – Three Act Tragedy*
- 1938 – Appointment with Death
- 1940 – Sad Cypress
- 1942 – The Moving Finger*
- 1944 – Towards Zero*
- 1944 – Death Comes as an End
- 1945 – Sparkling Cyanide
- 1945 – Destination Unknown
- 1969 – Hallowe’en Party*
* books I own
I also have The Mouse Trap to read and some of the short story collections – Wikipedia lists these and there are a lot! Then there are the books Agatha Christie wrote under the pseudonym of Mary Westmacott. I’ve read her Autobiography, but there is also an earlier book, Come, Tell Me How You Live under the name of Agatha Christie Mallowan.