Cathy at Cathy 746 Books has an annual challenge, 20 Books of Summer, to read twenty booksover the summer months starting on 1 June 2017 and running until 3 September 2017. The aim is to read from your TBR books already on your shelves.
There are also the options to read 15 or 10 books and as I’m very good at listing the books I want to read and very bad at sticking to the list I’m going for the 10 book option.
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy
- Beneath a Burning Sky by Jenny Ashcroft
- Miraculous Mysteries edited by Martin Edward
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
- Present Tense by W H S McIntyre
- Long Road from Jarrow by Stuart Maconie
- Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah
- The One that Got Away by Annabel Kantaria a story of loss and betrayal
- The King in the North by Max Adams – the life and times of Oswald of Northumbria in the 7th century
- Mister Pip by Ernest Jones – a story within a story and a fable